I write heavily reported features on mostly food, technology, the environment, and whenever these intersect. I have a background in Asian languages and culture and have lived and continue to travel regularly there. Literary nonfiction holds a special place in my heart.
- Near Qingdao, Hiking a Magical Mountain (The New York Times)
- Can You Live Without Google? (Slate)
- A Japanese fly-fishng art comes to life (High Country News)
- Making the Perfect Panettone, the Everest of Holiday Baking (Bon Appétit)
- The Specialists: Pork Store Café (Lucky Peach)