I currently work in the Washington Post’s Style section as a digital editor/editorial aide. My main areas are classical music and dance and I am basically a cross between a web producer and editorial assistant. I produce stories for online, add multimedia elements to features, create content for the web and conduct photo research. I also schedule all concert reviews, serve as the liaison between the paper and freelancers and manage the editorial budget.
In addition to writing, I also have social media management experience. I served as a podcast intern for the Black Girl Nerds podcast, doubling the number of Twitter followers within a few months. I also started the Black Girl Nerds Newsletter, which I designed and wrote twice a month. I also update the Post Style Facebook page.
In 2014, I launched a newsletter called All Black Girl Everything with my friend, Niesha Miller. We send out the newsletter three times a week and it contains stories that are by, for and about black women and girls.
- No Room in the Cipher for Female Hip Hop Fans (Ebony)
- DC groups help female cyclists, others learn how to handle street harassment (Washington Post)
- How Shonda Rhimes gets away with changing the TV landscape (Washington Post)
- #YesAllWomen, a short fuse between rejection and violence (Washington Post)
- 'American Dad': One of the most sophisticated mainstream shows on African-American culture (Washington Post)