I talk on TV and Radio (Much Music, MTV, CBC’s The Current, Q and Radio 1 news service) and host a monthly radio show on the Toronto Radio Project. Last summer I curated a three-part networking series for young creatives in Toronto called #HustleHard, to facilitate collaboration across scenes and allow people to share their ideas about the cultural economy in Toronto. I am also a juror for the Polaris Music Prize and participate in tons of other readings, panels and talks, when asked. Also, I do all of this and hold down an unrelated day job because I am a boss.
- Girlhood: Finally, a Film About Black Girls Strengthening Each Other (The Muse)
- Jlin: Dark Energy (Pitchfork)
- Bring the noise: Jeff Chang’s Who We Be chronicles the art behind policy (National Post)
- #TorontoIsFailingMe: My brother was killed outside a bar, and everyone assumed he was in a gang (Toronto Life)
- An Interview with Ava DuVernay, Groundbreaking Director of Selma (Jezebel)
- Warsan Shire Has Beef With Iambic Pentameter (Hazlitt)
- ‘The Musicality of the Prose’: An Interview with Ghalib Islam (Hazlitt)