Creator of comics, poetry, short stories, and essays.
A playwright and grant recipient writing across genres, including fiction and journalism.
- "Chill" (QuarterReads)
A humorist and essayist concentrating on family, Chinatowns, and Asian-American literature.
A writer of poetry, essays, and book reviews, concentrating on feminism, children’s writes, culture, and literature.
- 5 Moments in the Life of a Black Mother (The Hairpin)
- How the Attachment Parenting Debate Ignores Mothers of Color (The Daily Beast)
- Hope Wabuke
DéLana R.A. Dameron
I write humor pieces for the New Yorker’s Shouts and Murmurs; personal essays; and essays on pop culture trends, digital lives (as they evolve with tech), music, and sports. I was the founding editor of AboveAverage.com, a comedy website in the Broadway Video family. I’m currently an associate producer at The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore and look forward to writing more pieces on a range of topics.
Cecca Ochoa is a Salvadoran American fiction writer and essayist. She serves as Nonfiction Editor for Apogee Journal. She co-founded, served as Editor and Contributing Writer for Art xx and Aorta magazines. She is a 2014 Alumnus of Voices of Our Nation’s Artists. In 2011, she received the Astraea Foundation’s Lesbian Writer’s Award.
I would like to meet other writers of color (because I don’t really know many “irl”). This would double as a dope invite list for a party!
- Heems At Home (The Awl)
- Giri Nathan (Nassau Weekly)
Kenji C. Liu
- Ah Kung in the Philippine Jungle, 1945 (Video)
- Your Father Tongue (Video)
- Migration: Like Paul Atreides (Video)
- A Son Writes Back (Video)
- Personal Website
- Morgan Parker (Morgan Parker)
I’m Indian American. I’m good at doing readings. I write essays and do reporting. I prefer pay for the latter but get at me if you have an idea I might be suited for.
Author of 2 memoirs: The Nigerian-Nordic Girl’s Guide to Lady Problems (Shebooks) and Meeting Faith (W.W. Norton & Co.),
Co-editor of Coming of Age Around the World: A Multicultural Anthology (The New Press)
Writer / Narrator / Subject of the PBS documentary My Journey Home,
- Faith Adiele: My Life in Black and White (YES! Magazine)
- Career Guide: 5 Women To Learn From (Marie Claire)
- Best Women's Travel Writing (Travelers' Tales)
- 'Meeting Faith': A Buddhist Nun's Journey Home (NPR)
- Americanah: A Novel (Los Angeles Public Library)
- Personal Website
- ABS's Black-ish Revolutionary-ish (Style)
- The Foreign and the Familliar (The Coalition)
- Thursdays Were Reserved for Falling In Love All Over Again (The Coalition)
- Gyrl Gaze (Polyester Magazine)
Rosalie Morales Kearns
I have started a small feminist publishing house, Shade Mountain Press: www.shademountainpress.com. My list of recent publications is at https://rosaliemoraleskearns.wordpress.com/publications/
- A Bohio of One's Own, or Reading Virginia Woolf from el Monte (Drunken Boat)
- Review of This Time, While We're Awake by Heather Fowler (Sundress Publications)
- Rosalie Morales Kearns Reviews Red Weahter by Janet McAdams (Terrain)
- The Tattered Dress of Her Spirit (The Philadelphia Review of Books
- The Mango Bride (NAL)
- Spooky Mo: Horror Stories (Milflores Publishing House and Flipside Publishing)
- Suddenlty Stateside: Funny Essay on Pinoy LIfe in America (Milflores Publishing House and Flipside Publishing)
- James Hatley (James Hatley)
Sky’s the limit — my job is to keep eyes and ears open.
- An essay on what it's like to be Chinese in America's Chinese city (San Francisco)
- My feature on the next-generation airport (CityLab's "Best of the Future of Transportation" e-book, from The Atlantic)
- Swimming as the last refuge from connectivity (The New York Times Sunday Review)
- I found out that James Doty gave away his last $30 million to feel free (Nautilus)
- A love letter to a favorite place (The New York Times)
- What the science of recall can teach us about learning a second language (Salon)
Rion Amilcar Scott
Short story collection, WOLF TICKETS, coming soon from Tiny Hardcore Press.
- David Sherman, The Last Son of God (Midnight Breakfast)
- The Etiquette of Police Brutality (An Autopsy) (As It Ought To Be)
- The Party (Joyland)
- A Good Guy With a Gun or The Frank Castle Doctrine or The Punisher Applies For a New Job (The Rumpus)
Evan has an MFA in Poetry from the City College of New York, and he is a Cave Canem Fellow. He works as a copywriter at a digital advertising agency in San Franciso. He’s currently at work on a book of short stories titled “Love & Money.”
Evan loves a well-structured story, well-told. His idea of a good time is to watch back-to-back Godard movies while playing chess and listening to the roots.
- evanburtoncreative.com (Evan Burton Creative)
- "Call Allen" Offers a Poetry Intervention for San Franciscans (7x7)
I am an MFA candidate at the New School, a Pushcart Prize nominee, and a Kimbilio Center for African American Fiction Fellow.
- Clips (GirrrlAfraid)
- Rihanna And The Radical Power of the "Carefree Black Girl" Celebrity (Buzzfeed)
- Don't watch the Ray Rice video. Don't ask why Janay Palmer married him. Ask why anyone would blame a victim (The Guardian)
- Gabriel Teodros Unearths Things Not Seen Via His Ethiopian Hip-Hop (MTV Iggy)
- If we want to understand African history, we need to understand the Battle of Adwa (Quartz)