Bilingual (Spanish/English) writer covering tech, transportation, and entertainment; also a multimedia journalist.
I also have three scripts, one novel currently in process.
- Jane The Virgin Episode 21 - On The Edge (Black Girl Nerds)
- 7 Movies you need to get in line for this fall (Tea and Breakfast)
April is a freelance writer and currently contributes to the online magazine OZY.com. She previously worked at Inc. magazine as a senior reporter and has also written for FastCompany.com and NewYorker.com.
- The Bitcoin Revolution Hits Africa (OZY)
- Can You Start a Successful Tech Career Later in Life? (The New Yorker)
I am a queer writer, born and raised in Nairobi Kenya and spending my formative years in the Midwest. My writing comes from this intersection of cultures and identities in the 21st century. My work has also appeared on Autostraddle.com, Curve Magazine blog, and is slated to appear in anthologies on GLBTQI Africans and Queer Femmes. I serve as a contributor for Mshale.com an African community newspaper and Africans In Motion (AIM) Magazine, both based out of Minnesota. Finalist for the 2015 Beyond the Pure Fellowship for Emerging Writers (through Intermedia Arts, Minneapolis, MN), and trained in Oral History methods and techniques through University Of Mississippi’s Southern Foodways Alliance (Oxford, Mississippi).
- A Sikh-American Thanksgiving Celebration (NBC News)
- Why Sikh American Awareness & Appreciation Month Matters (The Aerogram)
- Clips - Media Bistro (Media Bistro)
Soraya Nadia McDonald
- Washington Post: Author Archive (Washington Post)
I would define myself as a mobile journalist in my free time
I write mostly about entertainment, beauty, race and a lot of personal essays about money, family and class.
- Hate-Reading Is The Best And Worst Thing You Can Do (The Frisky)
- Keep Your Eyes On Your Own Paper (The Billfold)
writing samples on request.
- The Washington Times archive (Washington Times)
- News Press archive (News Press)
- The Root archive (The Root)
- USA Today archive (USA Today)
I’m a student at NYU Gallatin so I’m basically studying how media is expanding and changing, and making sure it changes for the better (more representation of marginalized groups, acceptable humor, wider definitions of what we may consider a film or television show). Great with video production, public speaking, and social media management too. Also available for internships or fellowships.
Willing to write just about any article involving Kanye West.
- Female directors receive critical acclaim (NYU News)
- All 95 Times Jerry Screws Up on Parks and Recreation (Vulture)
- Lil Wayne’s Daughter’s My Super Sweet 16 Was Out of Control (in a Good Way) (Vulture)
- Chris Rock Wisdom Generator: Let Him Tell You How It Is (Vulture)
- True or False Quiz: Did Winston Do This Crazy Thing on New Girl? (Vulture)
- ARTS ISSUE: ‘Scandal’ cast, plot stretch boundaries of network TV (NYU News)
- Chelsea Peretti talks “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” and her new stand-up special (The Highlighter)
- A guide to dealing with your DVR separation anxiety (The Highlighter)
- Video: CirKiz: A Rave For Children (New York Magazine)
Have published in the NY Times, American Way, TeenVogue, Cosmopolitan, Parade, MSN, ABC News, iVillage.com, Vulture.com, People, TeenPeople, The Daily Beast, Mom.Me, CafeMom, TheBump.com and other major media. Formerly a reporter at People magazine and senior editor at TeenPeople, also contributing writer at MSN TV for more than four years.
Ann Midori Atherton
I’m looking for opportunities in both editorial and sponsored content, as much of my experience is in managing branded content campaigns and writing ad copy. (Some clients include Honda, HP, GAP, Spotify, Ann Taylor, etc).
- Goldlink, Unmasked, Comes Down To Earth Before He Takes It Over (Noisey)
- A New Hope: Black EL Embraces Change With His Space Wave Hip-Hop (Noisey)
- Rappers Are Dressing Like 80s Rock Stars And It's Awesome (Noisey)
- 10 Genre-Blurring Musicians You Need to Listen To (Green Label)
- Village Voice archive (Village Voice)
Host of a radio show that profiles authors, Literary Soundtrack, on Radio Sombrao
Moderator of many literary-based panels
Curated literary events throughout Los Angeles
Staff writer/editor at E! Online, Style Network.com, In Touch Weekly, Angeleno Magazine
- Why Do Latinas Have the Highest Suicide Rate in America? (Cosmopolitan)
- Exclusive: Gina Rodriguez on Dating a Virgin, Winning a Golden Globe & More (Latina magazine)
- Exclusive: Abraham Quintanilla, J.Lo & More Remember Selena (Latina magazine)
- Clips (Lilliam Rivera)
Kelley L. Carter
- Personal Website
- Buzzfeed archive (Buzzfeed)