Fiction writer and editor.
Writer invested in international development and gender policy, local and neighborhood reporting, and South Asian diaspora.
- The Rule: Trapped Between Feminism and Cultural Tolerance in India (The Huffington Post)
- The Trial That Made Rape a War Crime (Vitamin W Media)
A photo critic covering Africa, women’s rights, and alternative black culture.
Covering culture, politics, and women’s issues.
- Charlie Hebdo Unveils First Cover Since Paris Massacre Featuring Image of Muhammad (Mother Jones)
- Unmasking The Unspoken Heroes Of New York's Art Museums And Galleries (The Huffington Post)
Writer covering mental health, South Asia, art, and literature.
- Metaphors We Live By (Mouth Magazine)
Writer and interviewer interested in body image, bisexual representation, and queer literature.
- A Personal History of Misogyny (The Toast)
- I'm a Bitch and I'm Proud of It (Cosmopolitan)
- I Am the Whitest Person You Know (Medium)
- The Rumpus Interview with Monica Byrne (The Rumpus)
- How Adorable Puppies Help Empower Girls to Change the World (This Dog's Life)
Interested in dogs, fiction, art, and autobiography.
A storyteller and reporter interested in South Asia, timber-smuggling rackets, and long-form essays.
- In India, Latrines Are Truly Lifesavers (The New York Times)
- Who is benefiting from the lucrative South India red sandalwood smuggling trade? (Scroll.in)
- For Retired Maoists, Regret and Isolation (The New York Times)
- Vivekananda Nemana
Writer of creative nonfiction, travel narratives, and ethnography.
A playwright and grant recipient writing across genres, including fiction and journalism.
- "Chill" (QuarterReads)
Poetry Editor for the Asian American Writers’ Workshop; literary translator; Penn alum; NYU MFA alum; PhD student at University of Chicago
One – time guest writer for Racialicious, editor for a forthcoming memoir from 2Leaf Press, also writes fiction.One – time guest writer for Racialicious, editor for a forthcoming memoir from 2Leaf Press, also writes fiction.
Currently doing science writing (as web producer at Science Friday), but have a background in culture and arts writing. Can do long reported features as well as short quick blurbs.
Let’s collaborate on things!
Ayesha A. Siddiqi
Doreen St. Felix
Marie Myung-Ok Lee
Novelist. Writes about (often in first person) whatever interests me
- Rap Game Christopher Columbus (Complex)
- The Occupation of Chiraq (Gawker)
I report mainly from New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Connecticut but have also done reporting in St. Louis and down south.
I mainly do on the ground reporting, investigative journalism, longform narrative and feature journalism, and reported analysis. Currently freelancing and open to commissions, consistent freelance work, staff reporting positions.