First full length collection of poems, The Crown Ain’t Worth Much, is forthcoming in fall 2015 from Button Poetry/Exploding Pinecone Press.
- Poem: The Court Martial of Benedict Arnold (Forever Year)
Vanessa is a Prose Editor for Winter Tangerine Review.
- Ugly Girls, by Lindsay Hunter (Bookslut)
- Into the Go-Slow, by Bridgett M Davis (Bookslut)
- Insel, by Mina Loy (Bookslut)
- The White Beauty Myth (The Hairpin)
- Black Girls Don't Read Sylvia Plath (The Hairpin)
- I Am, I Am, I Am: Writing While Black and Female (The Toast)
- Nice Guys (The Toast)
- Welome to Connecticut. Now Go Home. (The Toast)
- Nicki Minaj Shows the Importance of Fighting Abortion Stigma (Bitch Magazine)
- Lemony Snicket and a Series of Predictably Racist Events (Bitch Magazine)
- Vanessa Willoughby (Karma Loop)
- Vanessa Willoughby (Literally, Darling)
- Bloodletting Season (Good Reads)
Find me on LinkedIn.
–I have an MFA in creative writing, fiction and nonfiction, from Vermont College of Fine Arts.
–I’m a published novelist: “All I Need to Get By” St. Martin’s Press.
–I have written and edited for Time and People magazines.